FOUR 40-MINUTE TALKS WITH THE PURPOSE OF POSING CONTRASTING
QUESTIONS, CREATING A DYNAMIC DIALOGUE AND SHEDDING LIGHT ON
CONFLICTING POINTS OF VIEW.
UNCONTAMINATED 2016 – CHALLENGING TODAY
- In a rapidly changing world
JORUN SOFIE FALLMO AARTUN (SENIOR JOURNALIST AT DAGENS NÆRINGSLIV & AUTHOR) MODERATES A TALK BETWEEN:
· LEA COLOMBO (PHOTOGRAPHER)
· AMANDA CHARCHIAN (PHOTOGRAPHER AND FINE ARTIST)
· CHARLIE ENGMAN (PHOTOGRAPHER)
· SYNCHRODOGS (ARTISTS AND PHOTOGRAPHERS)
· ISABELITAVIRTUAL (CREATIVE DIRECTOR AND PHOTOGRAPHER)
- What are the factors driving artists of today?
- Are there any common factors that are relevant across borders and expressions?
- Can art in 2016 be a political weapon?
- What makes the emerging artist different than the established in the way they view their work and projects?
- How important is intimacy in our digitally connected world?
REINVENTING THE MAGAZINE
- The challenges digital media represent for the analog magazine
RICCARDO RUINI (CREATIVE DIRECTOR REM RUINI E MARIOTTI) MODERATES A TALK BETWEEN:
• AARON WARD (FOUNDER, LET’S PANIC MAGAZINE)
• VERONICA MIKE SOLHEIM (EDITOR-IN-CHIEF & CREATIVE DIRECTOR, A NEW TYPE OF IMPRINT)
• CELINE AAGAARD (FOUNDER & CREATIVE DIRECTOR, ENVELOPE)
• JACK MOSS (ONLINE EDITOR, 10 MAGAZINE)
- What challenges does digital media represent for the analog magazine?
- How can relevant bridges be created between channels?
- What are the platforms to be explored?
- How is the analog magazine influenced by the social media?
- Is the magazines social media platform more important than the magazine?
- How are the magazines incorporating the digital platforms and new ways of reaching their readers?
- Are the readers nowadays harder to lead and inspire?
- Is the relationship between the reader and the magazine on an equal level?
- Does the new platform open up for more niche magazines?
- How do the established magazines reinvent themselves with the new times?
WHERE IS – ART?
- The optimal form of art institution
KAI REAVER (ARCHITECT AT SNØHETTA, INSTRUCTOR AT OSLO SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN) MODERATES A TALK BETWEEN:
· BJØRN GUNNAR STAAL (FOUNDING PARTNER, DESIGNER, PROGRAMMER, VOID)
· DAN BREWSTER (PROGRAMMER, PLANETA)
· GARD EIKLID (MANAGER, ROD BIANCO GALLERY)
· BOB RECINE (VISUAL HAIR ARTIST)
- What does art contain and what are the containers of art?
- What is the relationship between art and its exhibition?
- Can technology and new media create new forms of artworks?
- What can art expect, if anything, from its audience?
- What would the optimal form of art institution look like?
- How are art arenas evolving with technology?
ALL THIS PANIC
- Adolescence - A transition into youth
ELISE BY OLSEN (EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, RECENS PAPER) MODERATES A TALK BETWEEN:
· JENNY GAGE (PHOTOGRAPHER AND FILMMAKER)
· TOM BETTERTON (CINEMATOGRAPHER)
· ARIELLE CHIARA (ARTIST)
· ZOE BLEU (ARTIST AND ACTRESS)
· RUBY DAGNAL (ACTRESS)